In this recorded webinar, Cora Taylor, PhD, discusses puberty in individuals with special developmental needs, including:
- Helping children understand and prepare for body changes associated with puberty
- Encouraging good hygiene
- Understanding public/private behaviors
- Handling issues surrounding boundaries and relationships
- Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Healthy Bodies Toolkit: A Parent’s Guide on Puberty for Boys with Disabilities (PDF)
- Healthy Bodies Toolkit: A Parent’s Guide on Puberty for Girls with Disabilities (PDF)
Cora Taylor, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and researcher at Geisinger’s Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute. She completed her doctorate in school psychology at the University of Tennessee and a postdoctoral fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Dr. Taylor has experience evaluating children from birth through adulthood for a range of developmental disabilities and providing treatment to children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder.
This webinar has been republished with permission from SPARK. You may view the original article, published on August 31, 2022, at https://sparkforautism.org/discover_article/webinar-puberty-autism/.