Make a Donation to Support Autism Spectrum News
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Every day, Autism Spectrum News and Behavioral Health News empower individuals, families, and professionals with the knowledge and resources they need to thrive. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Mental Health News Education provides this vital information at no cost, thanks to the generosity of supporters like you.
As a valued member of our community, we hope you will consider contributing to our 2023 end-of-year fundraising campaign to help sustain our life-changing work.
2023 Year in Review
As we reflect on the past year, we are proud to have empowered over 600,000 individuals, families, professionals, and organizations across the globe through our life-changing work in the autism and behavioral health communities.
Over the past year, we have published over 300 articles in Autism Spectrum News and Behavioral Health News, addressing topics that are timely, relevant, and vital to supporting the autism and behavioral health communities with the following quarterly issues:
Autism Spectrum News Quarterly Issues
- Understanding and Promoting Autism Advocacy
- Supporting Newly Diagnosed Children and Adults
- Legal Issues and the Law
- Supporting Parents, Caregivers, and Family Members
Behavioral Health News Quarterly Issues
- The Impact of Behavioral Health on Families
- Stigma: How We Can Make a Difference
- Serious Mental Illness: History and Challenges Ahead
- Substance Use Disorder Prevention, Treatment, Recovery, and Harm Reduction
Spotlight on Excellence Interviews
The inspiring Spotlight on Excellence video interview series continued to feature leaders dedicated to improving and saving lives:
- Mitchell Netburn, President & CEO of Samaritan Daytop Village
- Mary Brewster, Associate Commissioner for Harm Reduction at the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS)
- Rita Gardner, President & CEO of Melmark
2023 Mental Health Stigma Roundtable Discussion Series
We also partnered with the NYS Office of Mental Health on a 4-Part Mental Health Stigma Roundtable Discussion Series, reaching over 65,000 people across New York State and beyond:
- Understanding the Experience of Mental Health Stigma
- The Experience of Mental Health Stigma Among Diverse Groups
- The Role of the Media in Reducing Stigma
- Paths to Reduce Stigma and Promote Positive Attitudes, Beliefs, and Behavior
After 3 years due to the pandemic, we were thrilled to resume our in-person annual Leadership Awards Reception, honoring exceptional leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to improving the lives of individuals and their families in the autism and behavioral health communities.
In 2024, we look forward to celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Mental Health News Education, expanding on our mission of providing hope and improving lives through education.
We Couldn’t Do This Without Your Support!
Please consider making a donation – your gift today will directly empower the communities we serve by allowing us to distribute our publications and resources at no cost. With your support, we can keep providing help, hope, and life-changing information to those who need it most.
Thank you for being an essential part of our mission and helping create positive change. Together we can continue to make a difference in people’s lives!
For offline donations, make your check payable to “Mental Health News Education” and mail to: 460 Cascade Drive, Effort, PA 18330